Friday, September 27, 2013

"Video Stars Killed the Gym Stars"

Hello,

It is finally Friday. I thoroughly love Fridays because it means the week has finally come to a close and that there is always time for a workout. And this weekend sure calls for an intense workout.

All week my friends and I have been doing a video workout. And might I say it sure has been very difficult, but well worth it. Through the workouts I have been keeping tabs on some of my favorite exercises.

The first exercise that I enjoyed is called “tricep-dips”. How it is done is you first lie on your back and then lift your backside up so you are in a crab-like position. To make the exercise more difficult, put your hands the same direction your feet are facing. See image for more assistance. Bend your elbows at an angle. Do three sets of twelve.


Another exercise that I enjoyed was a burpee variation. You start in a stand up position with your hands above your head. Then crouch down in a plank position. Once you get in that position do four pushups. Then immediately transition into eight mountain climbers. Finally, stand up and repeat the whole process. Do three sets of 12.

The final exercise that I enjoyed which was the most painful is basically a squat. You start with your legs shoulder length apart and slightly bent. You then bend your knees and bring your elbows to your knees. Repeat. Do three sets of 12.

My favorite part of posting each week is finding an inspirational Bible verse. This week the exercise plan is very difficult and takes motivation so “The amount you give will determine the amount you get back” Luke 6:38. Keep this verse in mind in your daily workouts and as well as throughout the week.

God Bless.
Jamie


2 comments:

  1. The bible verse you chose was so true to exercising, as well as life in general. I like the exercise ideas-thanks! Will be sure to try them out this week while at the gym, in my journey to not gain the 'freshman 15'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I did the workout I felt like it was pretty easy! It worked some of my muscles that aren't usually worked on which is nice! Love the bible verse as usual!

    ReplyDelete