Sunday, September 22, 2013

Lack of Motivation

Hello,

I am sure it has been a busy week for everyone…you and me both. Between school, clubs and homework I do not have a spare minute in my day. To be honest I have been lacking motivation to workout, which I am sure everyone has had those weeks. Which in reality means: I hardly worked out this week.

Finally this morning I got up the motivation to workout.  Since I was lacking motivation and felt like I was a fat whale (college changes people), I decided just to do a simple running workout this morning.

I started out on a simple 15 minute jog around campus to get me warmed up. It was a peaceful and humbling experience to see all of the green trees and the beautiful flowers, especially since today is the first day of fall.

I ended my tour of campus at the SRWC (known as the rec center on campus). I then decided to be productive and do the stair stepper for five minutes. It may not seem like a lot but stairs are DIFFICULT no matter the amount of time.

Next I decided to do my abs workout that was posted in the previous post. Let me tell you, after not doing the abs workout religiously…it gets rough.

Finally I ended with some peaceful stretching. I have learned from my 3 years of cross-country and track that if one doesn’t stretch there was no point of the workout. The stretches that I normally turn to are the butterfly and figure four leg stretches.

After I finished the stretches I left the gym feeling accomplished and slightly less whale-ish.

This week I turned to 2 Thessalonians 3:3The Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you”. I have been beating myself up about not working out as much as I should. But I am faithful that if I keep working out and staying focused on school and working out he will bring me right back to where I want to be. And most importantly he will bring me back to where I should be and where he wants me to be.

Have a blessed day,

Jamie



2 comments:

  1. Fall is my favorite season-seeing all the beautiful trees and nice weather just makes it nice to be outside, which I'm sure it was for your workout! I really like the bible verse this week-great motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was so beautiful I couldn't help but run outside also! I have really enjoyed trying the workouts you have posted. Keep up the good work! The bible verses at the end of this post makes me feel motivated to keep working hard at trying to get in great shape.

    ReplyDelete