Sunday, September 15, 2013

Gym Life

Hi,

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and is ready to start the new week off right! It again has been another busy week here at Washburn but that makes college life fun!

This week I still did my normal casual running, but I also focused on abs. When I do this workout I start on the treadmill and run about three miles. Then I go straight to the mats. From there I do a few quick stretches to get my abs ready for a doozy of a workout! I start off with front planks for a minute.  The front plank consists of getting in the push up position but on your forearms.

 Once I finish, I take a ten second break and move on to left and right side planks. They are all basically the same position except you turn your body so you are just laying on either your right or left arm. After I do a minute of each, I hop up and run a lap around the gym (which is a tenth of a mile). After I return back to the mats I begin my favorite exercise called the “suitcase”. In the video called  "Weighted Suitcase Crunches - www.LeanDream.com" from www.youtube.com you can see an effective way to do weighted crunches. I do four sets of 25 suitcases. 

In between each set I do a lap around the track. Again this ab workout might seem overwhelming and unrealistic at first.   But like I said in my previous post, you can adjust it to any time or interval amount that is manageable for you. Do whatever improves you as a runner.

The bible verse that spoke to me this week was Ecclesiastes 9:10.  “Whatever you do, do well”.  This verse stuck out at me this week because I am in college now and trying to fit everything into my day. And must I say it is very difficult. But this verse showed me that while I want to do everything perfect, it may not always turn out perfect. But “whatever I do” I will do it “well” if it is for Jesus.

Stay fit and God bless,

Jamie

4 comments:

  1. I've actually been doing workouts focusing on abs, this is a helpful tip. Thanks! Again, love the bible verse. I think it personalizes your blog! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exercise link was very helpful! It showed me exactly what the exercise looked like so I could make sure I was doing it right! The bible verse at the end that you used is actually one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jamie, I'm a friend of Regina's, a fellow blogger and runner. Your blog is looking great! Fantastic content so far.
    If you are interested, take a look at my blog, www.dailybalancedliving.com
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! And thank you so much for the compliment! I will defiantly take a look!
      Thanks again!

      Delete