Monday, November 11, 2013

Night Runner

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful and rainy day! On my last post I discussed generic running safety, but today I am going to be discussing night-time running safety!

1. The most important thing to remember is to wear bright and/or reflective clothing. When I am driving around after dark it amazes me how many people are walking and running in all black! I understand black is a popular color for running tights and quarter zips, but it’s not safe.

My suggestion is to wear bright colored clothing. I know for a fact that Under Armour and Nike make very cute neon running apparel. They are bright and it makes it easier for you to be seen.

2. I would also suggest wearing some type of reflective garment. The handy thing about reflective is that they are on most running apparel. Most of the time they are on running shoes, quarter zips and some tights. But your best bet is to wear an arm band with a reflective strip. Wearing this allows cars to see where you are running.

3. The most important tip, though, is running in well lit areas. Especially at night, make sure you are running on public streets, neighborhood sidewalks or anywhere there are street lights. But in general, just use your best judgment!

The Bible verse that I chose today is Psalm 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding”. I have had to make a lot of career changing choices recently due to college class enrollment and it has been stressing me out. It has nothing to do with working out, but it is always helpful to remember he is always there and looking out for you.

Have a blessed rest of your week,

Jamie

1 comment:

  1. You always do such a great job on all of your posts, tying in a bible verse to each one of your subjects. You have such a strong blog and I enjoy reading it. Thanks for the tips on night running. I'll be sure to use them next time I go for a night time run.

    ReplyDelete